Brush cursors hard to see in Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In last updates I'm having problem seeing circle brush (paint and healing) cursor when working with colors similar to cursor grey (grey, teal or brown midtones for expamle).
Sometimes cursor flashes to white, but for very short time and very randomly.
So it's really hard to see where I'm just gonna paint, clonestamp or heal.

It is really annoying and tiring.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michal,

Sorry to hear that the cursor is hard to see in Photoshop, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Sahil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Sahil, unfortunately it doesn't help, it's still same

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this would have been an easy fix for adobe. I have the same problem and no one seems to know how to correct it. It is almost impossible to retouch with it. I have to keep switching back to CS5 for close cropping and sometimes retouching. Frustrating!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the excat same problem, it's amost useless. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Enabling legacy compositing does not help. A workaround to find the brush is to tap the space bar to show the hand: The cursor is there,

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, several posters reported the same issue, please vote on this request: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bad-brush-cursor-contrast

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush outlines are so thin on a high resoplution display they cannot be seen. Yes toggling spacebar or Opt key locates them, but actual brush size is impossible to see at times. Need an option to adjust width of the brush outline ASAP!!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines