• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Disappears When Painting

Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed whilst painting on my laptop, the brush will disappear and just show my mouse cursor. It doesn't always happen though and seems to happen more with my tablet than my mouse.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does appear to have fixed it, yeah. Although I'm not keen on the jankiness of it not using the GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is no proper solution anyway as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... Strange though as my laptop has recently been reformatted and the drivers were freshly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

person. you must hit CAPSLOCK and brush image will return. 

this is very old and common problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines