Highlighted

Brush Hardness red indicator missing? Lag when using rectangle tool and other shapes.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My Brush Hardness red indicator is missing! It's a new installation of CC and Photoshop both up to date. I tried reseting preferences but nothing changed. Photoshop finds my GPU but i don't know if it actually works. I also don't have GeForce Experience installed on my pc. I reinstalled my video drivers and also installed studio driver for my gpu but with no luck. I looked around the internet but didn't find anything to help me fix my issues! There is no option for me in CC to dowgrade photoshop version so i can't do that. Two weeks ago i was using Windows 7 with CC and photoshop with the available version for Win7 and everything was just fine.

My PC:

Windows 10 up to date

GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER - Nvidia

Motherboard Asus b150m-a m.2 with Intel Core i5-6402p @ 2.80 GHz with latest drivers available.

32 gb RAM and I have let Photoshop use 80%

The files I use are saved on SSD

Scratch disc are on SSD with enough space.

Cache level is 4

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush Hardness red indicator missing? Lag when using rectangle tool and other shapes.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My Brush Hardness red indicator is missing! It's a new installation of CC and Photoshop both up to date. I tried reseting preferences but nothing changed. Photoshop finds my GPU but i don't know if it actually works. I also don't have GeForce Experience installed on my pc. I reinstalled my video drivers and also installed studio driver for my gpu but with no luck. I looked around the internet but didn't find anything to help me fix my issues! There is no option for me in CC to dowgrade photoshop version so i can't do that. Two weeks ago i was using Windows 7 with CC and photoshop with the available version for Win7 and everything was just fine.

My PC:

Windows 10 up to date

GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER - Nvidia

Motherboard Asus b150m-a m.2 with Intel Core i5-6402p @ 2.80 GHz with latest drivers available.

32 gb RAM and I have let Photoshop use 80%

The files I use are saved on SSD

Scratch disc are on SSD with enough space.

Cache level is 4

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème depuis la mise à jour de la dernière version de Photoshop (22.0.1) et je suis sur iMac Pro sur macOS Big Sur.
C'est vraiment très problématique parce que j'utilise cette fonctione quotidiennement et c'est hyper handicapant!

Help Adobe !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can confirm I'm having the same issue with the red overlay for the brush tool, it's been reported here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/brush-preview-overlay-is-gone-in-photoshop-v2...

You can download the previous version from the CC app

2020-11-18 08_52_44-Window.png

Typical Adobe, break something with bug fixes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... unfortunately no option for me to downgrade.

111.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a trial version, downgrades are normally not available with the trial version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is students licence. May be because of that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than likely, you may need to contact your school's IT department

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll consider that as a last resort solution haha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should aslo say that my CPU jumps up to 70% and my GPU up to 20 when i create rectangle for example.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0