• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush intersections

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a brush which is a cloud.  When I stamp this twice, where they meet there is an obvious change of colour (as per the bottom of the picture here)

Opacity is 100%, and set to Normal.  Any ideas?  It's obvious where they meet..how can I avoid this?

many thanks

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 01.20.52.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

A brush isn't shades of color, it's one color and transparency. So the dark areas of the cloud is just the bg showing through. So when you stamp the brush again. It tightens it, until it will become pure white, or whatever color you're using.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi what result you want to achieve please explain....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 

I would like the top brush not to change the colour of the brush underneath. On the image there is an obvious whiteness where they meet. In my mind, the top brush should literally block out the bottom one, where they crossover. 

it's almost like there is a hidden opacity level somewhere that I can't find. 

many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A brush isn't shades of color, it's one color and transparency. So the dark areas of the cloud is just the bg showing through. So when you stamp the brush again. It tightens it, until it will become pure white, or whatever color you're using.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One way that I make clouds it to take a brush, like yours and make several stamps in the shape of the Cloud that I want on a new layer. I then lock tje pixels on tje layer and fill it will the darkest color in the cloud. Then I take the brush with white at a low opacity and paint in the highlights in the Cloud. This is usually around tje edges of the Cloud. Here's an example of clouds that I created.

Juggler final redo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines