Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush issues since update : Photoshop Pen Pressure

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am experiencing trouble with the brushes in photoshop.  I can't seem to reproduce what causes this but it is causing my work flow to suffer.  Hoping someone else has experienced this so Ii can get some help.

Every couple of minutes the pen pressure in the brush settings box has a triangle with an '!' next to it.  When that happens pen pressure is gone.  I've tried turning the setting on and off; switching to a different app; deleting and resetting the wacom preferences; switching brushes; etc.  Eventually it flips back to pressure sensitive again and I enjoy the freedom for a few minutes before something sets it off again.

I can't tell what causes this.  Sometimes it happens after walking away for a minute.  Sometimes it happens after using my ExpressKey gadget.  Sometimes it just happens while I'm making an adjustment.  The only thing I have observed is that, prior to the recent update on 4//13/2020 I was experiencing and issue with the BUILDUP setting turning on at strange times.  Now the BUILDUP setting seems to be fixed but this new issue is rearing it's head.

Any helps would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hello, I would try to update ot 21.1.3: see the release notes that mention pen pressure: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, on a whim, after reading another post... I went to Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 Settings and I renamed it to Adobe Photoshop CC 2020-old just to see if a new set of prefs might help... it didnt.  I opened photohop, loaded one one of Kyle's amazing brush sets and tried it out.. each brush was a stroke without pressure variation.  Then it switched back briefly... then it switched again.  ug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?  Is this thing on?

Ha!

Maybe my issue is not a very common one.  I have sorted out a fix that seems to work for now.  When I notice my brush is stuck without pressure sensitivity I lift my pen far enough away from the sceen that it breaks the connection.  Then when I replace the pen I can see the cursor snap back into shape indicating that pressure sensitivity has been restored.  Is this a memory issue?  Software related?  Wacom related?  If someone has an idea please comment otherwise I'll just mark my thread as solved... albiet a sloppy solution at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue with the 21.1.2 update.  Check my post history for the multiple threads myself and others have created about it.  Supposedly they're working it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try action recording a brush stroke with pressure variation. Without the recording the pressure/size variation works fine. Start recording aaaand it is gone. Older recordings still have the pressure/size variation. Hope Adobe is working on that one too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by recording?  For me at least, the pen pressure issue arises even when Ps is the only program running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I'm not being very clear. I meant recording an action in Photoshop through the action panel. It adds to the pen pressure misery. Guess i should be happy pen pressure is working at all in photoshop without  the recording actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, CEN170!  I looked around before posting but couldnt find a thread that seemed to fit my issue (I think I lost focus in the search :).  I'll take a look at your history.  Good to know it's on the list to fix!  And thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would try to update ot 21.1.3: see the release notes that mention pen pressure: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I have now - and I have NO pressure sensitivity AT ALL with my Cintique HD22. VERY displeased about this, as it's a VITAL tool for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently been having trouble with photoshop crashing while working on an illustration.  Super frustrating when I remember days when Photoshop was the most stable program On my computer.  I hope you get your issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly does troubleshooting FONTS help with pressure sensitivity loss with a tablet? Am I in the wrong place or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, wrong link, it happens when trying to help many users: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

I suggest to update to V 21.2.2

Are you using wintab, or windows ink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can this please be unmarked as the correct answer, as the issue still exists and this response does not answer it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please untick this is being the correct answer, as this reply did not resolve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines