Highlighted

Brush issues

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Ps newbie, so this question may seem kinda dumb. I've been painting in Ps lately and I usually do a sort of pointillism type of style. Today I got on and suddenly my brush settings were different? Usually my colors go right on top of one another, so you can't see what's underneath, but today I started drawing and now it's more like realistic, where I can see my previous strokes under my new ones. (Pic below for reference. Verticle stroke is my first stroke, squiggle is my second stroke, darker over where I had already painted, which I DON'T want.) I have no idea what I did to change this, but I am looking to change it back to the way it was, where every stroke could FULLY cover the last, and I couldn't see what's underneath, so, fully opaque. Any help is appreciated! I'm on windows if that makes any difference!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush issues

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Ps newbie, so this question may seem kinda dumb. I've been painting in Ps lately and I usually do a sort of pointillism type of style. Today I got on and suddenly my brush settings were different? Usually my colors go right on top of one another, so you can't see what's underneath, but today I started drawing and now it's more like realistic, where I can see my previous strokes under my new ones. (Pic below for reference. Verticle stroke is my first stroke, squiggle is my second stroke, darker over where I had already painted, which I DON'T want.) I have no idea what I did to change this, but I am looking to change it back to the way it was, where every stroke could FULLY cover the last, and I couldn't see what's underneath, so, fully opaque. Any help is appreciated! I'm on windows if that makes any difference!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you set the Brush Tool to the Blend Mode »Multiply« (see Options Bar). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0