Highlighted

Brush lag Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm quite the amateur with photoshop! My brush is lagging horrendously, I've changed the drawing mode to basic, changed the cache levels & titles, turned off smoothing and rulers and clicked 'reset preferences on quit', nothing works! I have a 2019 Mac Pro and I am so far only using one layer, and have no other files open... it wasn't an issue yesterday so I don't know why it's any different now! I'm using a gouache brush but i was yesterday too so don't think it's that... My photoshop has recently been updated as well, please someone help! Thank you !

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush lag Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm quite the amateur with photoshop! My brush is lagging horrendously, I've changed the drawing mode to basic, changed the cache levels & titles, turned off smoothing and rulers and clicked 'reset preferences on quit', nothing works! I have a 2019 Mac Pro and I am so far only using one layer, and have no other files open... it wasn't an issue yesterday so I don't know why it's any different now! I'm using a gouache brush but i was yesterday too so don't think it's that... My photoshop has recently been updated as well, please someone help! Thank you !

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same goes here. The brushes work just fine for all other versions of Photoshop, and that goes for multiple Mac computers. Only the 2020 version on every single Mac I use has this issue with an extreme lag for the brush.  For that very reason I don't use the new product even though I'd like too.  No new feature is worth having to use a broken brush.  Any support towards this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MistaJE LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't feel bad. I'm quite the professional retoucher, and the 2020 version of Photoshop is awful. Brush lag is horrible. If you make a stroke, it doesn't follow through, and takes time to draw. Unless you paint holding SHIFT to draw straight lines. Then the application finishes the stroke. After all these updates, the spinny ball still pops up, for no apparent reason, and it lasts a horribly long time. This version is so very counter productive. I keep having to go back to CC2019, because THAT program works solidly. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines