• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Lag when selecting new colors with eyedropper

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've noticed a lag with the brush tool when you select a new color with the eyedropper. I'm using a Cintiq, and for the way I work I am constantly toggling between the brush tool and the eyedropper when cleaning images up. After selecting a color with the eyedropper and going back to the brush tool (via hotkeys,) the stylus doesn't register any mark-making. It registers the second time usually, but I'll overshoot the mark I'm making to compensate for the lack of any change when I initially change colors, thus adding incrementally more work during clean-up.

Furthermore, when I rotate the canvas and try to make a mark, the same thing happens except a mark will appear as if I held down the shift key from a specific area on the canvas, leaving a tapered stroke across the image when the shift key wasn't even pressed. I know a simple undo action can solve this, but this was never an issue before the most recent build of Photoshop CC.

And if I might add another small nuisance, whenever I use the eraser, the cursor will turn into the spinning wheel icon on a mac as if the computer is playing catch up with what i'm doing. There's no lag here, but the fact that I lose the eraser cursor means I may again overshoot the edges and areas I'm trying to clean up. Again, all of this was not a problem up until now. Maybe it's my machine, I'm not sure, but any amount of help to remedy this would be appreciated. Even if it can't be quite fixed just yet, I at least want to bring this to your attention. Thanks again for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lawrence.   I don't feel qualified to answer your question because I am a Windows user, and I suspect your issues are OS related. So can you tell us exactly what version of OSX you are using?  It probably doesn't make any difference, but it might be best to also tell us the Cintiq model.  If it was a Companion 2, for instance, and connected to a Mac, I am not sure how that would work.

Can you clarify that you use the Eye dropper to sample by holding down the Opt key when using the brush?  (Actually, reading your post again, it sounds like you are not doing it that way.)

Do you reverse the stylus to use the eraser, or use the shortcut and the pointy end of the stylus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Trevor,

Indeed I’m a Mac user, currently on Mojave (more specifically 10.14.1). My Cintiq model is the 13HD Creative Pen & Touch Display. She’s roughly about 4 years old.

Yes, I hold down the Opt key when I’m brush mode to get to the eyedropper. I hit “E” to get to the eraser as well. I never flip the stylus to use the eraser.

In addition to my section about rotating the canvas, it also includes whenever I navigate the canvas using the hand (spacebar) tool. A streak of whatever color I have chosen for my brush will appear as if I’ve been holding down the shift key after I navigate the canvas and bring stylus to the screen.

For what it’s worth, I updated my OS this morning and in turn photoshop updated as well, so it could very well be an issue with the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problems ever since Photoshop CC updated for the past year or so.  Everything you described.  I wonder if this isn't as wide spread, as I haven't found one solution to this yet!  It's frustrating to say the least.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines