• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush on layer mask changing saturation and maybe opacity

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to work with a layer mask via the brush tool. Since one of the latest updates it hasn't been working as usual. The brush leaves a subtle, yet noticable desaturated effect and i can possibly see the checkerboard behind the image ever so slightly (or it's adding some sort of noise texture?). I can't figure out if my settings were changed or what is happening. Please send help.

first image: i used "select subject" button

second image: i was trying to manually refine the mask with the brush tool

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 3.26.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-20 at 3.26.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, please let us know the exact version of Photoshop and the operating system your working on.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried your suggestion and it hasn't changed 😞

I'm using Catalina v 10.15.6 and Photoshop v 21.2.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines