• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush palette

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me how to keep my brushes palette as I have configured it?  I load a brush - or more likely - a group of brushes and make them a new brush group.  When I go back to the palette later I find they are gone and I have to load them again!!!!!  Very frustrating.  Please tell me what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a better description of the situation, including meanigful screenshots. 

If the issue occurs after restarting Photoshop there may be a permissions issue that prevents Preferences from being written. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested I have a more detailed explanation of this problem.

I have attached 3 images:

The first one #1 June 10 shows the brushes palette as I configured it yesterday.

The second one #2 June 10 shows the drop down dialogue box.  I find using this to search for brushes too time-consuming which is why I would rather have my brushes set out in folders as in image #1 June 10.

The third one #3 June 11 shows the pallette when I open it this morning.  Photoshop had been closed overnight.

As you can see the brushes palette folders have changed.  Some have disappeared.

I import my brushes from a folder I keep with my photos where I put them when they are downloaded or when I make them.  I then create a folder for each set.  I don’t use the brushes folder in Photoshop app presets to store new brushes.  This method has worked very well for me for 20 years.

My question is: how do I ’save’ this brush palette with it configured the way I want it?  I haven't experienced this problem before and it has only been happening over the past few weeks.  

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers, Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked if there are permissions issues as per »Troubleshoot user permissions«? on this page? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, which version of Photoshop are you using? You can check it in Help>system info.

How are you shutting down Photoshop? Does it give an error message?

I concur with the permissions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines