Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Panel Not Showing all Control Options

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been trying to create a new brush following a Youtube video from Piximperfect and there are items missing from my Brushes Control Panel.                               

The screen shot below is what my Brushes Panel looks like no matter what I click on. If tried re-setting workspaces and also went back to default preferences to no avail.

It's lost things like Jitter etc.

I'm running Version 20.0.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Brush Panel.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Hi

You have the Brush tip shape settings selected.

Pick another feature from the list at the left hand side to see the settings associated with that feature. Don't just tick the box, click on the word - e.g. shape dynamics:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Photodom,

Could you please share the video URL with us so that we can check it and provide you a solution?
Also, what operating system you're working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Here is the video URL.

Cut Out Hair with Very Busy Background in Photoshop - YouTube

I am using Windows 10 on a PC.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You have the Brush tip shape settings selected.

Pick another feature from the list at the left hand side to see the settings associated with that feature. Don't just tick the box, click on the word - e.g. shape dynamics:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Thanks. This was what I needed. It's unusual to have to also click on the actual word instead of simply ticking the box, as the tick usually woks.

If only other things were this simple.

Perhaps Adobe should have a 'Help' tip associated with these panels to tell you what you need to do to access various functions.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thank you so much, been sitting here for an hour and a half trying to finish up some homework...good Lord! Simple enough of a fix, very much appreciated!!

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost a lot of time trying to figure this out!  Thank you so much for giving this information, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  That is exactly what I needed too!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for your answer. I have been looking for quite sometime what the issue was with my brushes. I clicked on the word instead of just checking the box and the controls I needed showed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really cannot watch a 38 minute video to find what we need to understand what you want. Please next time post a screenshot of your expected result, and what you are getting and you will get more reponses.

You are not matching Unmesh's settings. Turning off scatter will be a big help. You also have an entirely wrong brush selected. Yours is soft and only one spot, you need a harder edge and multiples post so your brush can do more work for you.

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 3.37.54 PM.png

You most important jitters are found under shape, and also under scatter and color dynamics. For hair though you  want size jitters set to pen pressure 0%

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 3.46.30 PM.png

I can respond if you have further questions, but will help if you are clear and show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Thanks for commenting. The Brush Tip Shape that was selected wasn't the problem and I had thought that the screen shot I had shown was sufficient for people to see where I was coming from so sorry if it wasn't.

Davescm above cleared up the issue in that I had to not only tick the box, I had also to click on the word next to the box to activate the other options like size jitter, angle jitter etc.

Seems a strange way of implementation from Adobe and is not really explained anywhere (although probably in the depths of a tutorial somewhere. (I did look on the Adobe website before posting here, but couldn't find anything that related to my issue.

Thanks again for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines