Highlighted

Brush presets settings change when I modify the settings of other brushes

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I create a brush with certain settings and save it as a brush preset or tool preset, including tool settings. Then I use some other brush, change some settings, and when I select the first brush preset again, it’s settings have changed and it doesn’t behave correctly. This happens with any of my tool or brush presets.

Aren’t the settings of tool or brush presets supposed to stay the way they were when the brush preset was created and saved?

Why do the settings of my brush presets change each time I change the settings of some random brush?

Thank you for your help.

Manuel

Windows 10
Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.0

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush presets settings change when I modify the settings of other brushes

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I create a brush with certain settings and save it as a brush preset or tool preset, including tool settings. Then I use some other brush, change some settings, and when I select the first brush preset again, it’s settings have changed and it doesn’t behave correctly. This happens with any of my tool or brush presets.

Aren’t the settings of tool or brush presets supposed to stay the way they were when the brush preset was created and saved?

Why do the settings of my brush presets change each time I change the settings of some random brush?

Thank you for your help.

Manuel

Windows 10
Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.0

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
manueszz LATEST
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, could someone tell me at least if this is normal or not?

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines