Highlighted

Brush preview icon display problems

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue where most of the time the brush icon previews in my library do not display brush dynamics when showing the stroke icons. It's as if none of my brushes have dynamics turned on.  The brushes actually work fine, but the icons only some times display dynamic properties like pressure and width dynamics.  I have the latest versions of Photoshop and driver for my graphics card. It is very annoying because sometimes the display of brush previews seems fine...I also notice when trying to resize icons that also corrupts the brush preview displays.  But more times than not the icons do not display properly.

I have reset prefs, reset tools, rebuilt Photoshop files in Appdata, reinstalled the app and even installed the oldest version of Photoshop available through Creative Cloud which goes back to 2019.  All have the same issue. I am attaching some screen grabs.  Notice in one image you can see stroke dynamics displayed but in most cases they don't show as in the other image.

Running Windows 10

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush preview icon display problems

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue where most of the time the brush icon previews in my library do not display brush dynamics when showing the stroke icons. It's as if none of my brushes have dynamics turned on.  The brushes actually work fine, but the icons only some times display dynamic properties like pressure and width dynamics.  I have the latest versions of Photoshop and driver for my graphics card. It is very annoying because sometimes the display of brush previews seems fine...I also notice when trying to resize icons that also corrupts the brush preview displays.  But more times than not the icons do not display properly.

I have reset prefs, reset tools, rebuilt Photoshop files in Appdata, reinstalled the app and even installed the oldest version of Photoshop available through Creative Cloud which goes back to 2019.  All have the same issue. I am attaching some screen grabs.  Notice in one image you can see stroke dynamics displayed but in most cases they don't show as in the other image.

Running Windows 10

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that when I switch to brush settings panel and switch brushes then go back to Brushes panel and resize icons they suddenly display correctly.  So it seems to be a redraw/ refresh issue with icon displays. Any possible solutions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talos, could you do a video screen capture, then search or create a thread on the topic on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 2