• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Red Overlay Is Missing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer I'm sure but I can't figure out what I did. When I make the brush larger or smaller I was getting a red overlay preview, but now it's not there. It coincided with me updating to the most recent CC update, so I'm not sure if this is related.

Thanks in advance for your help

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

With help from Adobe support the Preference file was corrupted. A new one was created and now my issue is resolved. Though I'd follow up.

Mard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There was on issue with the ALT shortcut combo in version CC 2018 19.0, which was fixed in 19.0.1

Try holding the CTRL + ALT + right click on the mouse and move either up and down or right to left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the reply. Control+Option (if forgot to say that I'm a Macbook Pro user) works to make the bush bigger and smaller. The part I seem to be missing is that up until today I would have a red overlay inside the brush that would show the size, opacity, and hardness of the brush. The red overlay is missing now. If you have any ideas what I did or more importantly how to get the overlay back, I'd love to know. Thanks again.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all brushes have hardness control.

with normal, round brushes, I see the red size/hardness indicator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahmed,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm missing. I have a normal round brush selected but I do not have the red size/hardness indicator. Apparently I have either accidentally switched it off or it has defaulted in the update. I just want it back on. Anyone have an idea on this? I have been looking through the manual without much luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With help from Adobe support the Preference file was corrupted. A new one was created and now my issue is resolved. Though I'd follow up.

Mard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one create a new preference file to get this overlay back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Photoshop CC, you reset Preferences from its General tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.

Any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this thread. Helped me find the solution for me.
I didn't have to reset the preferences, I just had to set the color of the Brush preview again:

(Preferences / Cursors / Brush Preview)

just in case it helps someone googling the same issue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the same problem and i did the same settings  like lumo-obscura. but the hightlight is still not to see...... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

argh... I reset the preferences for nothing... the hardness/softness of the brush still does not show anymore after updating to v 12.2 cc

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A complete new install of photoshop did it, and was the fastest way to solve this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any Overlays running such as G-Force Experience (In-Game Overlay) or RivaTuner Statistic Server (Show-on Screen Display), disable them. That usually does it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i've tried everything and still nothing on the photoshop cc 21.2.4

would be nice if any of the adobe team could help me with some script file or whatever, i'm getting no answers..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me2

well i've tried everything and still nothing on the photoshop 22.0.1

would be nice if any of the adobe team could help me with some script file or whatever, i'm getting no answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT on second Mac in version 22.0.0 it is GOOD!

So Adobe, hurry hurry, please 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  It just stopped while I was using the program.  It works in Liquify.  Also, I get a read out of the values now instead of color.

.Capture.JPG

Windows 10 Home, all updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to version 22.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much !! That worked. I hope Adobe will fix this issue in future updates. I was about to pull my hair out trying to figure out what had gone wrong. Have a Merry Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe come on 🙂

This version is good 😉

jacoblaerdal_0-1607325368824.png

I have not tried 22.0.0!

This version is not good

jacoblaerdal_1-1607325605664.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here I've tried everything and it still not working!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

back to version 22.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines