Highlighted

Brush Red Overlay Is Missing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer I'm sure but I can't figure out what I did. When I make the brush larger or smaller I was getting a red overlay preview, but now it's not there. It coincided with me updating to the most recent CC update, so I'm not sure if this is related.

Thanks in advance for your help

Marc

With help from Adobe support the Preference file was corrupted. A new one was created and now my issue is resolved. Though I'd follow up.

Mard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush Red Overlay Is Missing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer I'm sure but I can't figure out what I did. When I make the brush larger or smaller I was getting a red overlay preview, but now it's not there. It coincided with me updating to the most recent CC update, so I'm not sure if this is related.

Thanks in advance for your help

Marc

With help from Adobe support the Preference file was corrupted. A new one was created and now my issue is resolved. Though I'd follow up.

Mard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There was on issue with the ALT shortcut combo in version CC 2018 19.0, which was fixed in 19.0.1

Try holding the CTRL + ALT + right click on the mouse and move either up and down or right to left

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the reply. Control+Option (if forgot to say that I'm a Macbook Pro user) works to make the bush bigger and smaller. The part I seem to be missing is that up until today I would have a red overlay inside the brush that would show the size, opacity, and hardness of the brush. The red overlay is missing now. If you have any ideas what I did or more importantly how to get the overlay back, I'd love to know. Thanks again.

Marc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all brushes have hardness control.

with normal, round brushes, I see the red size/hardness indicator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahmed,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm missing. I have a normal round brush selected but I do not have the red size/hardness indicator. Apparently I have either accidentally switched it off or it has defaulted in the update. I just want it back on. Anyone have an idea on this? I have been looking through the manual without much luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one create a new preference file to get this overlay back?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Photoshop CC, you reset Preferences from its General tab

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this thread. Helped me find the solution for me.
I didn't have to reset the preferences, I just had to set the color of the Brush preview again:

(Preferences / Cursors / Brush Preview)

just in case it helps someone googling the same issue 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the same problem and i did the same settings  like lumo-obscura. but the hightlight is still not to see...... 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

argh... I reset the preferences for nothing... the hardness/softness of the brush still does not show anymore after updating to v 12.2 cc

Any other suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A complete new install of photoshop did it, and was the fastest way to solve this...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any Overlays running such as G-Force Experience (In-Game Overlay) or RivaTuner Statistic Server (Show-on Screen Display), disable them. That usually does it for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i've tried everything and still nothing on the photoshop cc 21.2.4

would be nice if any of the adobe team could help me with some script file or whatever, i'm getting no answers..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 2
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me2

well i've tried everything and still nothing on the photoshop 22.0.1

would be nice if any of the adobe team could help me with some script file or whatever, i'm getting no answers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 1
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT on second Mac in version 22.0.0 it is GOOD!

So Adobe, hurry hurry, please 😄

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0