• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Red Overlay Is Missing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer I'm sure but I can't figure out what I did. When I make the brush larger or smaller I was getting a red overlay preview, but now it's not there. It coincided with me updating to the most recent CC update, so I'm not sure if this is related.

Thanks in advance for your help

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

With help from Adobe support the Preference file was corrupted. A new one was created and now my issue is resolved. Though I'd follow up.

Mard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that's not really fixing a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all suggestions and still nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Tryied everything as well.  Adobe, please resolve this brush issue.  the issue is also happening with the color picker.  When I go to slect a color from the brush tool, it's not shoing the color.  

2020-12-09_0-00-25.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised the feature had gone...What a riduculous step backwards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have the same problem as you described, unfortunately all the sollutions given don't work for me. I reinstalled Photoshop, I deleted the preferences directory, etc. Is there another way to solve this problem? Adobe made a new preference file for you, can you do this yourself? 

Jeroen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a recent issue with this as mine has just dissapeared today too. 

Would be great if this could be solved I have tried all the above recomendations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and have tried all of the above. Is this something from the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am unable to see the brush hardness when using CTRL + ALT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as ya'll with the most current update. V22.0.1. Let's hope Adobe can get a fix for this as it's a pretty important feature for retouching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have the same issue after updating to 22.0.1. I cannot see anymore the red overlay while adjusting brush size or hardness. I re-created the preference file as shown but nothing changes and the overlay won't reappear. Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Brush preview is not working after update.  Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. After updating to PS 22.0.1 no brush preview anymore, which is very unhandy to say the least.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here , even afther a fresh instal of the hole sistem. 22.1 still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of people who deleted their preferences file, restarted PS, and the brush hardness still does not show up in red. Grr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here no red overlay, went through this string and tried things short of a reinstall. On the same sbj, I would like to have that inner dashed circle that shows where the gradation begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue. Updated to the latest Photoshop version (22.0.1) a couple of days ago! Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw: I just downgraded to PS 22.0 using the creative cloud app. Took me only a couple of minutes and the brush overlay is back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed! I talked to adobe-support andn also downgraded to 22.0.0

The brush preview is back there!

Let's hope it will be solved in the next update...

At least, support said they are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, downgrading to 22.0 helped indeed!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh super! I will downgrade ASAP! 🙂 Thanks a mil.

Kind regards,

Michael

[cid:1dd11614-7f38-41f5-8d06-c200b9cbe5a4]

Michael Leclezio

Motion Graphics Editor

TBWA\ The Disruption® Company

tel +27 31 267 6600

www.tbwa.co.za

[cid:b32b3466-a245-41ba-84bb-abee4c12b2be]

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to disclaimer@email-abuse.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. No liability, whether direct or indirect, is accepted by the company, nor the sender should this e-mail, or any attachment thereto, contain any form or manner of an error or a virus. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the Company's.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to 22.0 fixed it for me, also. Thank you to Rob van Esch, Dries Van den Brande and everyone else who tracked down the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Thank goodness! And thanks to everyone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies all for the email signature/ disclaimer stuff: I responded to my email notification directly. Forum rookie error! 😛 

More importantly, the downgrade worked for me too! Thanks everyone! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical issue.

This occurs on both my computers (2017 iMac, Big Sur, and 2010 MacPro, Mojave).

I am familiar with another user having the same experience.

Brush preview works normally in Photoshop 2020. In the preferences for version 2021 there are still choices for color of the brush preview in the Cursors section, and a checkbox for HUD movement in the Tools section.

This leads me to believe there is simply a bug causing the preview to not appear when using version 22.0.1.

Uninstall/Reinstall was no help. Changing Preferences no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 22.0.1 last week and the red overlay preview has also gone missing 😞

adobe plssssssssse FIX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines