• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Red Overlay Is Missing

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer I'm sure but I can't figure out what I did. When I make the brush larger or smaller I was getting a red overlay preview, but now it's not there. It coincided with me updating to the most recent CC update, so I'm not sure if this is related.

Thanks in advance for your help

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

With help from Adobe support the Preference file was corrupted. A new one was created and now my issue is resolved. Though I'd follow up.

Mard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one here can fix this v22 bug - we do not work for Adobe.

You could add comments to the bug report at the link below, which is seen by Adobe staff:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-no-red-preview-when-changing-brush-...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried these
stopping any screen recording/ capturing software (GForce experice, etc.)
Updating Graphics Driver
Resetting Photoshop preferences (and restarting the computer)
Reinstalling Photoshop

Nothing worked.
Need a speedy solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I leave version 22.0.1. back to 22.0.0. 

In 22.0.0. it works!!!!

HURRY HURRY ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/brush-tool/m-p/11632619?page=1#M489079

Yesterday I asked about this (I had not seen this thread) I have only solved it by returning to the previous version, 22.0

now it works again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. 
This crucial bug is NOT fixed  in 22.1 !!!!  
( OSX 10.14 and more ) 
Wake up Adobe ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I've tried everything and this feature is missing in the past 2 updates. I am also continually frustrated with point selection working improperly and the shift key no longer holding items like slices in vert/horz alignment. I've reverted back to the 2020 version for now and have been happier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing ! I think something is wrong with the last 2 updates.
I don't know how to let Adobe know about these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Are there other things I can try? Or should I just reinstall PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I too experience the same issue with the 'red' colour not being displayed when viewing the hardness/softness of a brush. I tried a few obtions presented in this and other threads to no avail. I reverted back to a known 'good' PS verion, I was on version 22.1 and have gone back to 21.2.4 and now I'm able to see the 'red' colour when viewing the hardness/softness of a brush. NOTE: This is not the soltion, but a work around!

Cheers and Happy Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I already did everything they recommended and definitely nothing works as suggested, also the red color disappeared out of nowhere in the function of the brush. Anyone know the reason and any real way to get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far there has not been a fix.  Since I reported it back a while ago there had been an update and they still didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop and got back to 22.0 on a MacPro Big Sur and in that version the colour-overlay is working as we were used to it.

Waiting for a solution in the newer versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this take so long, I need to work with this software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I have this problem too on Photoshop 22.1.0 (Windows). I have tried every possible fix and the only workaround has been to use Photoshop 2020. Come on Adobe, stop pushing fancy cloud-based neural whatnot stuff before you fix this BASIC TOOL stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! Is the preview visible and working again in the latest version 22.1.1 on a Mac? (I want to be sure before waisting time again installing and uninstalling versions...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on mac !!! 
At last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming that 21.1.1 update restored red cursor preview on Windows 10 64-bit. Yea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opps, I meant 22.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, im currenlty on mac using phtoshop cc 21.2.12, does anyone have any idea why it is not working in this version and ay solutions. speak to someone but they do not seem to understand via chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year or so ago it was definitely an issue with the update/version that was released but was cleared up with the update that came out a few months afterward. Can confirm it's working for Windows currently in the most recent version. After following this thread for a while now, continued problems that people are having appear to *mainly​ be a graphics card compatibility issue which is typically only fixed by reverting to older versions for any experiencing the issue. A couple small & easy things to check before reverting to an older version is: 1. Make sure your Caps Lock is not on! If it is, the red brush preview will not be visible. 2. Make sure you haven't accidently hit CNTRL+H or similar which will sometimes hide any "extras" like this. (ie. Try resetting your workspace just to see.) 3. Lastly you can try >>EDIT >>PREFERENCES >>PERFORMANCE through the menu and uncheck the "Use Graphics Processor" box and then restart (sometimes this will fix problems like this but will typically introduce unattended lagging & other annoying side effects within the program unfortunately). Good luck, and report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature will only work if Preferences > Performance... "Use Graphics Processor" is checked. (Make sure you close all documents or restart for the changes to take)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is how my set up currently is but seems to be same issue with all suggested things above?  Speaking to someone from adobe and they are saying to upgrade to photoshop 22.0.  does anyone know if this will resolve it, i dont want to be upgrade to x y and z with no real  change. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines