• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush selected but no interaction with image- help?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After maybe 15-20 minutes of using photoshop (latest version) my cursor changes to a pointer even though the brush tool is still selected. I've tried pressing keys on the keyboard to check nothing is stuck but the only solution I have found is to restart photoshop, which is a pain to do so frequently! If I click away from the image, such as on the home icon, the whole image area freezes even though the workspace tools are still selectable. I'd love some help with this as it is a complete pain!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tries resetting the references? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlon, thanks for your reply. I have tried that as it's misbehaving again this morning and I'll see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the preferencees but it's still happening. All the photoshoppy bits still intereact but the actual image I'm wokring on glitches out and can't be touched 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And just now it happened after a couple of minutes. Aghhhh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines