• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Settings Aren't Working or Saving (21.2.3/Windows)

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current'y using version 21.2.3 on Windows

Since I updated to 21.2.2, my brushes have not been working like I want.

Texture isn't working and everytime I uncheck a brush setting, it re-checks it self right when I start using it. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading the brush multiple times but I believe there is something in the PS settings that is just overriding the brush settings. If I remember correctly, back in 21.2.2, I, I clicked "Append Default Brushes" so that may have caused it? I also reinstalled PS and while luckily my workspace has saved, the brush problem still continues. I've tried using the brush on PS 2019 and it works just like it was instended. I have tried setting up the brushes the same way but they will not save or will just work as a default hard brush.

Picture for comparison!

Francine5CD8_0-1600376185925.png

Francine5CD8_1-1600376373092.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the brush settings not working in Photoshop.

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines