• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush settings window opens on wrong screen

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the latest PS CC version (21.0.3) installed on a MacBook Pro 2015 with OS Catalina (10.15.2), working with an external 32" NEC screen.

Since the last two PS versions, my brush settings (right click with brush tool) open on my small MBP screen while PS is running on the external screen (where I click). That makes it impossible to work with on the big screen, since my Wacom tablet is limited to my external screen. Everytime I do a right click, PS also becomes active in the OS taskbar of the small MBP screen (additional to the OS taskbar on the external screen) , where the settings/panel opens.

I have searched google and the community, but didn't find any solutions and since the update to 21.0.3. didn't fix it, maybe someone in here has an idea or a solution. I'd highly appreciate any suggestions. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Have you tried setting the external moniror as the primary screen? please check the steps here and let us know how it goes; http://osxdaily.com/2010/04/27/set-the-primary-display-mac/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate any help! 🙂

I've tried that and it seems to work, but in general I don't want my external screen to be the primarily screen. I want all my applications etc. to open on the small screen, while only PS is on the external screen and my current editing stays visible without anything else (e.g. messages and applications) going on there, so it's a conscious decision to have the internal screen as primarily screen. I've worked that way with PS CC since 2015 and if that is the only solution I do not understand why Adobe changed this to be so inflexible. 

Kind regards,

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines