• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Smoothing option (Lazy Mouse) Greyed out - Brush Tool Only!

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as the title of this discussion states, my lazy mouse brush smoothing is greyed out for my brush tool only.  Its able to be enabled for my eraser and other tools, just not my brush tool.  smoothingdisabled.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Haye you reset the Tool yet?

Please post a screenshot including all pertinent UI elements (Toolbox, Brush Settings Panel, Layers Panel, …).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haye you reset the Tool yet?

Please post a screenshot including all pertinent UI elements (Toolbox, Brush Settings Panel, Layers Panel, …).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, but I dont know why it worked.  What was wrong with the tool before reset that was causing it to malfunction?  And why did a simple reset not change anything except to be able to do the previously greyed-out functions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Smoothing is unchecked in the Brush Settings Panel it is not available in the Options Bar.

I had not noticed previously but that setting seems to NOT be saved with an individual brush, but its state seems to simply carry over to all subsequently selected brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These developers are hacks at best.. the toolbar option should force it on off .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow great answer, it solved my problem, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Worked for me too! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Make sure it's enabled in the Brush Settings panel

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it worked for me 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you . kind man on the internet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you folks were aware of this. I should have looked there first, but somehow the most recent update of Photoshop unchecked smoothing on *all* of my brushes - a feature I depend on many times a day. Sighhh. At least it's easy to fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for not being that tech nerd that immediately demands you reset your settings, thats a last ditch effort not something that should be done right away and is genuinely bad advice to give to people less experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you from 2023!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for helping, it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines