Highlighted

Brush Smoothing option (Lazy Mouse) Greyed out - Brush Tool Only!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as the title of this discussion states, my lazy mouse brush smoothing is greyed out for my brush tool only.  Its able to be enabled for my eraser and other tools, just not my brush tool.  smoothingdisabled.PNG

Haye you reset the Tool yet?

Please post a screenshot including all pertinent UI elements (Toolbox, Brush Settings Panel, Layers Panel, …).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush Smoothing option (Lazy Mouse) Greyed out - Brush Tool Only!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as the title of this discussion states, my lazy mouse brush smoothing is greyed out for my brush tool only.  Its able to be enabled for my eraser and other tools, just not my brush tool.  smoothingdisabled.PNG

Please post a screenshot including all pertinent UI elements (Toolbox, Brush Settings Panel, Layers Panel, …).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 01, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 4
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, but I dont know why it worked.  What was wrong with the tool before reset that was causing it to malfunction?  And why did a simple reset not change anything except to be able to do the previously greyed-out functions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Smoothing is unchecked in the Brush Settings Panel it is not available in the Options Bar.

I had not noticed previously but that setting seems to NOT be saved with an individual brush, but its state seems to simply carry over to all subsequently selected brushes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Worked for me too! Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Make sure it's enabled in the Brush Settings panel

Untitled.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 7
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it worked for me 😄

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0