Highlighted

Brush tip is disappearing completely when editing a selected layer

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of photo editing using the brush tool for close up - touch up. Usually removing backgrounds. I have found that the tip display is disappearing completely during a stroke. It happens randomly. Doesn't matter if I switch between blk/wht using X. Happens either way. I'm going along on an outline area and all of a sudden the brush tip disappears yet the tool is still applying stoke. Its ruins workflow because all of sudden I can't judge the area the brush is suppose to be stroking. Once I raise the styllus and reapply light pressure the brush tip reappears. Sometimes it takes a couple of stylus contacts to affect change.

This is not related to the CAP-Lock scenario.  BTW - Trying that solution has no impact.

Things I have checked:

1. Using latest version of Photoshop™ with all updates through Creative Cloud™.

2. Using high power Dell XPS™ I7 32GB Ram PC with NVIDIA™ video card.

3. Lastest version of Windows 10™ with all updates including all drivers. I'm a retired computer systems manager. So a PC is "My World".

4. Using XP-Pen Deco 01 V2™ with latest software. - Note problem also happens with a mouse.

5. All cables are new and of minimal length for complete functionality of USB 2/3 ports. 

6. Since this issue is random - Exiting and starting PS - No Impact, Restarting Windows - No Impact

7. No other programs running. Except - AntiVirus, XP-Pen Tablet, Creative Cloud™ and other PC oriented drivers.

8. Since no error is being cast. No error log file entries.

9. Checked PS preference and under cursors. Normal is selected.

So... this is causing me a 'head scratching" 🙂

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush tip is disappearing completely when editing a selected layer

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of photo editing using the brush tool for close up - touch up. Usually removing backgrounds. I have found that the tip display is disappearing completely during a stroke. It happens randomly. Doesn't matter if I switch between blk/wht using X. Happens either way. I'm going along on an outline area and all of a sudden the brush tip disappears yet the tool is still applying stoke. Its ruins workflow because all of sudden I can't judge the area the brush is suppose to be stroking. Once I raise the styllus and reapply light pressure the brush tip reappears. Sometimes it takes a couple of stylus contacts to affect change.

This is not related to the CAP-Lock scenario.  BTW - Trying that solution has no impact.

Things I have checked:

1. Using latest version of Photoshop™ with all updates through Creative Cloud™.

2. Using high power Dell XPS™ I7 32GB Ram PC with NVIDIA™ video card.

3. Lastest version of Windows 10™ with all updates including all drivers. I'm a retired computer systems manager. So a PC is "My World".

4. Using XP-Pen Deco 01 V2™ with latest software. - Note problem also happens with a mouse.

5. All cables are new and of minimal length for complete functionality of USB 2/3 ports. 

6. Since this issue is random - Exiting and starting PS - No Impact, Restarting Windows - No Impact

7. No other programs running. Except - AntiVirus, XP-Pen Tablet, Creative Cloud™ and other PC oriented drivers.

8. Since no error is being cast. No error log file entries.

9. Checked PS preference and under cursors. Normal is selected.

So... this is causing me a 'head scratching" 🙂

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?