Highlighted

Brush Tool Bug - Blocked from editing

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where I am unable to bring the brush tool across an image I am editing.  I can deselect  brush tool and used other tools fine but when I select the brush tool the cursor stops at the edge of the photo and I can not bring it on the canvas.  This is immediately fixed with a different tool selected.  I see the same issue in Lightroom.  I don't know if I have a setting wrong or its a bug.  The issue seems to be fixed by restarting the program.  This causes real issues when editing and the bug appears and my work is stopped.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush Tool Bug - Blocked from editing

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where I am unable to bring the brush tool across an image I am editing.  I can deselect  brush tool and used other tools fine but when I select the brush tool the cursor stops at the edge of the photo and I can not bring it on the canvas.  This is immediately fixed with a different tool selected.  I see the same issue in Lightroom.  I don't know if I have a setting wrong or its a bug.  The issue seems to be fixed by restarting the program.  This causes real issues when editing and the bug appears and my work is stopped.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot with both your layers panel and the options bar for the brush tool?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 5.09.23 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video of it happening but can't share the video through this post.  Here is a screen capture:Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 5.09.23 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
bpw07 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jane do you have any ideas?  Any help would be great.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0