• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool is acting like eraser

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at the previous posts on this subject, but none of the solves work for me (restarting Photoshop, reset to default brushes). I'm attaching a video of the behavior, as well as screenshots of my workspace and brush settings. I've also tried looking at the settings for my tablet, but everything is set to the default.

Does anyone see anything wrong?

I'm on version 21.1.2 on Mac Mojave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Hi in your brush settings panel try uncheck shape dynamics , transfer and smoothing....regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi in your brush settings panel try uncheck shape dynamics , transfer and smoothing....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unplug the drawing tablet and plug it back in- Maybe you don't have to do this, but I did just because...Look in the top bar on the LEFT. Change MODE to NORMAL, it reverts back to the Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 3.22.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 3.28.17 PM.png

colored brush.  Change Mode to Clear, the brush becomes an eraser. Works better than an eraser tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm only commenting this just in case you all made the same dumb mistake like me.... If your pen for whatever tablet you're using has a "Pen/Erase" button it might be switched to the "eraser" button. 

On screen it will show that you're still using a brush, even though the eraser is actually what's being used.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines