• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool preview, jagged edges

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the brush tool and with a hardness below 100 (also applies to other tools with a hardness parameter), the edges of the preview become all jagged instead of a smooth gradient as it should. Seems to be some sort of aliasing issue I reckon. https://imgur.com/a/Gxr2poC sorry about the crappy phone images, print screen apparently doesn't capture the brush preview.

Minor annoyance really, but I've been trying to fix it by enabling/disabling various options in the preferences panel, mainly within the performance and cursor tabs, without any luck. Tried updating my display drivers (using Nvidia Studio drivers), disabling/enabling 10 bit display (as I have a monitor that supports this), no dice.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to happen to me. Do you have the Dissolve blend mode setting set on the brush? That seems typical of Dissolve...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the Cursor Preference you have set, i don't believe there is anything wrong with your brush cursor.

If you don't want to see the "jagged" edge of a soft brush then in photoshop go to Edit>Preferences>Cursors and click on Normal Brush Tip.

brc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. All modes set to normal. I decided it's a non-issue and just changed the cursor type to normal brush tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually think that's a feature starting in photoshop cs2 so one could tell a soft brush from a

hard brush on screen. Round brushes (computated) brushes are the only ones that exhibit

the "jagged" preview and only when Full Size Brush Tip is selected in the Cursor preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines