Brush tool stopped working on curve layer

Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I normally add a curve layer to an image, invert it and then use the brush tool to lighten or darken certain areas.

It was working perfectly well and then stopped all of a sudden. When I use the brush tool, nothing changes. I must have accidentally done a shortcut and changed the setting but I have no idea what I did.

Please help!

Thanks

Screenshot 2017-06-05 08.14.38.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

It looks like you have the layer mask targeted which is all Black and your painting with black.  Change to white paint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Brush tool stopped working on curve layer

Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I normally add a curve layer to an image, invert it and then use the brush tool to lighten or darken certain areas.

It was working perfectly well and then stopped all of a sudden. When I use the brush tool, nothing changes. I must have accidentally done a shortcut and changed the setting but I have no idea what I did.

Please help!

Thanks

Screenshot 2017-06-05 08.14.38.png

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

It looks like you have the layer mask targeted which is all Black and your painting with black.  Change to white paint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2017 0
Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gosh I knew it was something simple!

That worked. Thanks so much for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2017 0
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey same issue except I'm doing that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 0