• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool stroke disappears and reappears Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making a brush stroke using the brush tool. part of the stroke just disappears as if was never made, and reappears as soon as I make another stroke with the brush tool, I tried to reset the brush tool with no avail. I'm using Photoshop CC 2019 I also am getting is an issue in CC 2018 but the stroke just flickers a little for a brief second, I have been getting this issue since the new windows update 1903. this got fixed when I turned off use graphics processor but I actually need the features it enables such as rotate canvas and liquify

Screenshot (85).png

Brushstroke disappeared  shown by the brush leach

Screenshot (87).png

reappears after another action be it changing the tool or making another stroke

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

The Issue was cause by incompatilibity between Windows 10 Build 1903 (The May Creators Update) it was fixed by rolling back to Windows 10 Build 1809(Fall 2018 Update)

I suggest anyone else who is on Windows 10 1903 and is facing the same problem to roll back to the older version till the drivers is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As the brush strokes disappears and appears in Photoshop, the issue seems to be related to the graphics processor.
Could you please let us know which graphics processor is installed in the computer?

I would suggest you to try a few things, let us know if that helps.

As unchecking the GPU from Photoshop's preferences fixes the issue:

• Could you please check if there is an update available for the GPU drivers from the manufacturer's website such as; Nvidia or AMD?
  • Also, check if there are any operating system updates available to install.
  • If that does not help then remove the GPU drivers completely and reinstall them again.
    (You may also try reverting back to a previous GPU driver version)
  • Please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a GTX 1060 6GB graphics card, running the latest Nvidia Drivers no pending update, this issue possibly started occuring after the window 10 May 2019 creators update, as the previous version I didn't have this issue, I'll have to verify this. with another computer running the older version of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Issue was cause by incompatilibity between Windows 10 Build 1903 (The May Creators Update) it was fixed by rolling back to Windows 10 Build 1809(Fall 2018 Update)

I suggest anyone else who is on Windows 10 1903 and is facing the same problem to roll back to the older version till the drivers is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in photoshop cc 2019 after updating to Windows 10 Build 1903 on my laptop with nvidia 2060 graphic card.

Part of the brush line disappears and shows up again after next movement.

Also have same issue with spot healing brush tool, the black paint spot stays on screen until next movement you do and then fix the selected part.

Maybe there are even more issues like this, I think the pencil tool had the line disappears issue too but I already re-install my computer to previous version and everything works again.

This is really a windows 10 build 1903 update issue with nvidia graphic cards, until this isn't fixed I don't update to 1903 but windows can install this update probably automatically one day so I hope it get fixed soon.

If you keep using 1903 only temporary way I discover was in nvidia settings I could choose "integrated graphics" in "preferred graphics processor"  so I still could rotate images but your not using the nvidia graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have this exact issue too.

This issue is not resolved

it was introduced in the windows 1903 update.

Ive tried all other drawing apps and none of them has a lagging brush stroke.

Im using krita to get work done and the strokes work as they should

Also the photoshop screen or ui flickers slightly while working in the photoshop viewport
The same flickering is happening in the after effects ui too when working its viewport

Im using an nvidia card and the more i reserach its seems related to compatibilty between 1903 and nvidia.

im not sure to what extent adobe is factor in this too as i experience these issues only in their apps.

Hope they look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem. Dell XPS 15 7590 GTX 1650. Build 1903

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I also have the same problem with the strokes and use a notebook with nvidia gtx 1070. After I read this posts, I think this problem is caused by two major facts. 1. Notebook users, 2. Latest Windows Built 1903. (3. May also just affect NVidia users)

I also tryed another photo editing / painting app (Affinity Photo) and there I have similiar display / presentation issues. Less with the strokes, but when I undo a stroke there, the stroke does NOT disappear until I draw a new stroke (backwards how it is in photoshop :/).

However, since Windows Build 1903 and long before I installed photo editing apps, I recognized presentation issues while watching youtube: I watch Youtube video for minutes, move my mouse, video stucks for a second but then runs further well. I don´t touch my mouse for minutes again while watching a YT Video and then move my mouse and the video stucks again. I already thought that this must be caused by the new windows built, since there wasn`t this issue before Built 1903.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive my ignorance, how would I go about doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2021 now and I'm actually still having this exact issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines