• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush turns into Pan after using Zoom

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm using a Cintiq Companion with Photoshop CC. As of a day or two ago, zooming turns Brush and a number of other tools into acting as a Pan tool. It only effects the wacom pen's activity, not the mouse. The hand cursor doesn't display but the function is the same. No stokes, erases, etc. after zooming in or out at all. Photoshop has to be restarted to fix the issue, but it's hardly workable with that solution.

Here's what I've tried:

-Turning it off and on again

-Uninstalling and reinstalling Wacom software

-Assuring my space bar has no issues

-The script from: Wacom Tablet:- How to disable Windows Ink & Keep Pressure Sensitivity in Adobe Photoshop. | Sweet Dr...

I'm climbing the walls trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Hi

Try this other method

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this other method

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyboard

7 Reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've saved me! Thank you, Ged, It's been a stressful night but this seems like the fix for me. I wish you all the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind explaining this string of info and how/what it effects? I want to be more informed when these issues come up,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a change that Microsoft made in a recent update, the string of text is a registry fix to revert the change, you can read more about it here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thank you so much again! I will look though that reddit thread, and I hope you have an awesome week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was going crazy!

Bless you for linking to this super helpful patch and breaking it down into simple instructions!

Saved my Wacom Cintiq Compainion 2!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHY should we have to do all this code stuff to make YOUR product work?? Seriously, Ive used PS for over a decade and the last 2 versions have been the worst, by far. This glitch is constant and now I have to fix it for you?   TRASH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines