• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes and Actions

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of changing computers from a WIN 7 PC to a WIN 10 PC. I have installed Creative Cloud and it is up and running. I would like to transfer brushes and actions from the WIN 7 machine to the WIN 10 machine, however I cannot locate where the brushes and actions on the WIN 7 machine are located. Can someone tell me where to look and how to make the transfer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save your brushes and action sets into .ABR and .ATN files if you did. Copy them to your windows 10 system.  If you did not try copying your windows 7 user id Photoshop preferences file to your windows 10 userid Photoshop preferences folder.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - where can I locate the user ID files referred to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on you  operating system version and there are preferences folders for every version of Photoshop your user ID uses. Each User has their own preferences for each version of Photoshop they use.

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was mistaken. I am using PS CC on my WIN 7 machine and need to know where I can find the ATN and ABR files so I can copy them to the new WIN 10 machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save them they would be where you saved them. Otherwise copy your Windows 7 user id old Photoshop preferences to your windows 10 system Photoshop preferences files

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - unfortunately I did not save them. As my WIN 7 machine is still on line, where can I find the atn and abr files so I can save them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Actions You Edited or created in the Action Sets in the Action palette are in the actions set you created or modified.  Save those to Action set name.atn files using the Actions Palette Fly-out Menu Save Action.  Highlight the Action set first.  I'm not a painter so have not created and brushes.  You can create Brushes and Brush Presets.   I believe these would be in the tool  presets panel  and Brush Palette panel.  That you would save out  *.ABR and *.TPL files using the Preset Manager in Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines