• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes for Smudge Tool

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered Kyle's brushes and they're terrific!  I am mostly interested at the moment in brushes I can use with the smudge tool for blending.  Does anyone know which brushes specically target the smudge tool?

Thanks - Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

You can see it in the right upper corner of the Brushes, there's a smudge tool icon 

Marja_de_Klerk_0-1594388700449.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see it in the right upper corner of the Brushes, there's a smudge tool icon 

Marja_de_Klerk_0-1594388700449.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awsesome tip! - Thanks so much!

I've also discovered that if you have the smudge tool selected and then go to the brush settings panel, any brush you select can be used to smudge!  The results are often pretty awful, but this is great fun to play with.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

I was excited to try your tip of selecting the smudge tool and then picking any brush from the brush settings panel, but it didn't work for me. Every time I chose a non-smudge-designated brush, it would automatically switch to the paintbrush tool instead. I'm on a Windows 10 laptop, maybe that has something to do with it? Thanks for any insight you might have!

Marjorie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margorie,

Once you've selected the smudge tool, go to the BRUSH SETTINGS panel, not the BRUSHES panel.  From the settings panel you can shoose any brush and it will work.  Be sure to check and reduce the brush size to something you can see on the screen (many age huge), then you'll see them work. Some are really crazy.

Best, Richard

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the tip, Richard -- it's working great and I'm having so much fun trying out all the effects. I appreciate your response, thanks, and have a great day!

Marjorie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason, I don't have those top right corner icons anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines