• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes keep getting deleted when I start Photoshop 2018 & 2019 again

Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On both photoshop 2018 and 2019 I'm getting the same issue where brushes are deleted after I restart the program at random times. Sometimes I'll restart and they'll still be there, other times it reverts back to only the default brushes. I have all of these custom brushes that I make and then they just vanish after restarting photoshop which is very frustrating. I thought it might have been a bug with one version like 2019 but since it's happening on 2018 too I'm not sure what's causing this. I don't have the same extensions installed on both versions and I want to make sure it's not something else going on before i reset preferences and have to setup all of my stuff again.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop brushes are getting deleted at every launch. Brushes file gets written to disk on quit. If the application is not quit properly (force quit or crash) the file doesn’t get written. After organizing, quit the application to save. It doesn’t hurt to save a copy for safe keeping. ABR files will retain the folder structure. Just select the brushes/folders you want to include and export via the flyout menu.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would it wipe the brush file though just because the program crashed? It was already saved on disk so wouldn't it keep the brush groups that were already written to disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have your brushes made you can save them to your library. Note where that library is being saved. Find it, copy it, and save it somewhere NOT in an Adobe folder. Then you "should" be able to import th brushes from the folder or manually replace them in the  library.

It's a work around, but make backups for all your custom design elements until Adobe fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which library are you referring to? Right now I'm backing up each individual brush group manually on my desktop but this sucks because I update them a lot and have to keep resaving them. Is there an automatic way to do this so I don't have to save the brush groups individually every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines