Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes randomly becoming weird / not as expected

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

So i've had this issue several times over the past year but lately it became annoying to the point I can't really use photoshop to draw.

So basically, what is the issue:
While drawing, all of a sudden, my brush will suddenly lose its texture. It's not that the brush becomes basic, it is still a brush, still the pressure, the flux... But it is not how it should be. (Ill add a pic to show, because it is hard to describe.) A trigger of the issue is when I change my brus for another one, then they all start not working properly. I am not sure if it is the only trigger for it to happen

The issue happens with ALL brushes that have a texture!
Sans titr§§e-2.png

This is the exact same brush for both part of the pic. One is normal and expected, the other isn't. It has been driving me crazy, I've been doing ton of researches, even sent a dm on twitter to adobe and I couln't find any clue of what to do about it.

What I have tried:

I updated my cintiq 13hd's drivers and photoshop.
I unistall and installed photoshop and my brushes, it didn't work, the issue still appear randomly and last for an unknown amount of time.
I unistalled and installed my tablet's drivers.
Of course tried to reboot, you can imagine.

What is my environement:
I run on windows 10, using a cintiq 13 from Wacom.
Photoshop  2020 version: 21.1.1
Wacom drivers : 3.3.34-3 (Not the latest because my tablet wont be detected by wacom if I use it)

Thanks for your time, realy hope to fix this issue.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing has been happening to me and I exhausted all my tries in searching for a solution on google. A work around is selecting other brushes until the one I want to use comes back to normal behaviour. But it's very annoying and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the issue re-occurs could you please post screenshots including the Toolbar, Brush Settings Panel and Options Bar? 

Has resetting the Tool an effect on the behaviour? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines