• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes with pressure for opacity turned on leave a blotch at the end of a stroke.

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into a problem when using the brush in photoshop with pressure sensitivity for opacity turned on. When making strokes the end of the stroke is met with a blotch.

I am using a Cintiq Pro 24. (Driver: 6.3.40-2)

Mac Pro 2019 OS Catalina 10.15.5

Photoshop 21.2.0

Making brush strokes from top to bottom with pressure sensitivity on.Making brush strokes from top to bottom with pressure sensitivity on.

This is as annoying at the infamous blotch that starts at the beginging of a stroke when build up is turned on. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem yet and has anyone found a solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Photoshop 21.2.1 and it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Intuos Pro. I tried to back to work on Photoshop 2019, but the blotches now appear in this version, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Wonder if it's a Wacom issue. Although, this wasn't happening in the previous version of PS 12.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the only solution I've come across is setting the smoothing to at least 1%. This eliminates the dot that appears at the end of a brush stroke when brush opacity/shape dynamics is controlled by pen pressure. 

Hopefully Adobe will fix this soon. It's inconvenient to set the smoothing for every brush you switch between. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so. In the previous update the problem was solved by deactivating the "build up" option. But now there is no solution. In my case, the brushes that I have the most problems are the ones with size variation and setting the minimum value to 1% does not seem to work. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in this thread someone finally has found the solution and it apparently works. I am testing with my brushes and it seems that there are no more blotches. I hope this helps you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-random-ink-spots-when-using-wacom-tablet-on-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks for the follow up! I actually found the Tip-Up Assist option in another thread about a week ago. I got involved in another post and someone mentioned that solution fixed it. 
For anyone else that stumbles across this post.

System Preferences > Wacom > Options > un-check Tip-Up Assist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines