• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I’m finally using Photoshop CC 2020 after using CS6 for years. I’ve made and uploaded a signature brush and other brushes. The next day I open photoshop and none of them are there(?) This has happened 5 different times now. 
I use a Mac with Big Sur. 
Anyone else have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I’ve made and uploaded a signature brush and other brushes."

Do you mean you have loaded brushes?

Are you aware of recent changes to presets and preset management including brushes?

https://youtu.be/fcX1PwL13UU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have loaded and made brushes and the next day they are gone. I've read a few forums and it seems there are other people having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop does not store Preferences on quitting there might be permissions issues. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check this out. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue, and just was searching if there is a solution or anyone else experience it. Seems that heaps of people having the same problems and no solution so far as I can see.
It happened to me often enough to see that this is not just a random thing. I'm working on creating my own custom brushes at the moment to only find out that they are gone in a few days! And normally after I've done somechanges to brushes, I close photoshop to make sure that photoshop doesn't crush losing all latest changes. Then I open it again - all brushes are still there. Then a few days later they are gone. How???
The same happens with my keyboard shortcuts. I assign new ones that I prefer, they work for a while, and then all of a sudden, they are gone too. I've given up updating them as it just takes too much time and doesn't last long. 
I have lost count how many times this has happened. I have saved my latest brush preset so I can load them once they disappear again. But this is not a solution as I'm still working on my brushes and would prefer to keep updating them untill I'm 100% happy, rather than all the time saving a new brush preset after making a small change to one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do to save your new presets?

Did you add them to a new brush group?
If yes, did you export the group?  This seems to be how we save out a group of presets to a new .abr file nowadays.

With the brush tool selected, right click inside the document window to open the brush panel. Click on the little cog icon (top right corner) and choose Export Selected Brushes

The nice thing about this approach is that your new group is saved to the hard drive as an abr file that can be shared between different computers, or just kept secure going forward.  I don't know if there are any known issues with certain operating systems. The person who started this thread is using OSX Big Sur.  Does that apply to you as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor, thank you very much for your reply! 

Yes what I meant is that first I created a folder and then I exported the brushes as .abr file.

It's definitely a safe way to make sure I don't lose them, the only problem is that I'm still working on the brushes and will have to export them pretty often to make sure I don't lose the latest versions of them. But will do that from now.

The keyboard shortcuts resetting themselves to default is the other thing. It feels like these two are a part of the same problem. But what do I know?

Honestly, nothing like this ever happened to me in the past so I feel that this could be just a bug that hopefully will get fixed. I just wish I could instal a 'safe' version of photoshop where everything is working perfectly rather than being on the latest version and always testing new bugs. There are more weird stuff happening, for example sometimes I can't select what I need using 'rectangular marquee tool' as it somehow has a fixed corner in a specific point of the canvas. I have to restart photoshop sometimes as often as every 30 min to stop the bug happening. The same was happening with 'stamp tool' when it would draw lines from some point of the canvas instead of working as it normally should. 

I'm on Windows 10, version 20H2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I think I found a solution. I was checking my brushes folder and noticed none of my new brush presets where in that folder so.................

1. I reloaded all of my brushes for the 7th time I exported them to my desk top. I named them                  "All Brushes", so now I have a file named "All Brushes.abr"
  2. Then I opened up my brush folder and copied the .abr file to the folder.
  3. Just to be safe I rebooted my computer and reopened photoshop and all of my brushes where there.
  4. They have been there ever since. It's been about a week now and all is well.

My info, I use a Mac OS Big Sur Version 11.2.3.

I've included a screen shot. Hope it helps you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, My last screen shot was a PNG file. Here it is as a jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update! Will try that too once I finalise my brushes 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines