• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BSOD on a brand new installation of win10

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a brand new ASUS laptop, all drivers are up to date and with the latest Photoshop version installed. The moment I load photoshop it crashes and a BSOD appears. I have no idea what to do...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These days, an application can't directly crash Windows but a driver can. The most likely cause is the GPU driver so make sure that driver is up to date from the GPU manufacturers website. Don't rely on Windows update or ASUS for that.

Then go to the Windows search bar and look for the reliability monitor. Check for issues at the time of the crash. It may give a pointer to the cause.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for your reply. I use NVIDIA geforce exprerience to update my graphic driver. Is it reliable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NVidia site is reliable, I normally use teh link below which gives access to teh installer complete with the NVidia control panel.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Note: I  always take the "Advanced" option and choose "Clean Install" when updating the driver. That way you are not tied to carrying forward bits of the old driver.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card and what driver number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru. 451.48 release date: 06\24\2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geforce GTX 1050 TI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the game driver, try the studio driver.

Otherwise, try earlier studio drivers:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, The latest update of Photoshop version 21.2 has issues finding some Nvidia Adapters.  This does not normally cause a BSOD.  Still if you have installed the latest You could try having  the Creative Cloud Desktop  install a prior version to see if CC 2019 or 21.1.3 will work

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have an GTX 1070Ti OC 6GB Strix from Asus and Photoshop 21.2.

The same problem when enable in performance the GPU aceleration, Open image Crashes new Image Crashes too.

If I disable GPU aceleration works fine but the rendering is slow....

I think the last NVIDA drive 451.48 Causes this issue I test with the Game Ready driver and Studio Driver, all versions of Photoshop since 20.0.9 to the last

I have the same post on the Nvidia Forum waiting for a solution.

If the problem is an issue from NVIDIA ou ADOBE for me is not important we pay the software every month so we need to work with the software, Adobe must contact NVIDIA and get a solution The Sofware houses and the Hardware have to mantain contact and test, we live in a time of updates and updates blind updates and this is an error, Start with Microsoft that is a sin problems and problems in all versions the Adobe with a tot of updates that have issues and Nvidia. This is not possible.
Please  Think in the people that work, we need to have time to work and we are not testers off the software or hardware.

I'm an IT Engeneer and I can't accept this. 

2 Days not working trying to get a solution.......
Please resolve this issues, start talking with the others comapanys

Thanks

Pedro Gueifão from Portugal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use NVidia studio driver 451.48 here (with an RTX2080ti) without any issues in Photoshop. No crashes with v20.0.9 or v21.2

One thing though, when I update the NVidia drivers I always take the "Advanced options" and check "Clean Install" so that remnants of the old driver are not carried forward.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I make the same always clean install. 

The diference is you have an RTX and the GPU for the RTX is diferent an the memory managemente too.

So the problem must be with the GRX 1070TI version

I still work with disable GPU aceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only installed the RTX2080Ti a few weeks ago. Prior to that I had a GTX1080 which also ran without crashes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I update the nvidia driver for the 451.77 now and i uninstall one windows update that was crating a conflit with my HP 130nr and is working.

So the problem it could be caused by the security pack from microsoft that causes the failure of HP print driver and Photoshop.

So again windows problems updates with a lot off issues and problems, we have to live with this.

For know is resolved.

Thanks a lot for the help and ideas.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines