• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bucket tool paints the lines but not the areas inside the drawing

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have drawn the lines of a drawing. I have selected the lines using the magic wand, so then I have to invert the selection so my drawing is selected, then I see that the lines are selected by the two edges so when I use the bucket tool, the lines change the colour but not the area inside of the drawing. What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, History, …) visible? 

Did you maybe invert the Selection twice by accident? 

In general I would recommend focusing on modifying Selections, Layer Masks, Solid Color Layers, … instead of using the Paintbucket Tool if your workflow allows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you aren't actually selecting the lines? Sounds like you are selecting the inside. Screenshots, please. And paint bucket is old and tired - there are much better ways to things. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines