• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG - Dual brush bug 21.2.2

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to 21.2.2 my brushes has stopped working as expected.. 

It has something to do with dual brushes.  Take a look at the video attached. When scaling up and down the brush a lot, the brush gets more and more screwed up over time due to some issue with dual brushes. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SahfW0_Uax4KPF_yrMkdk2ebegZecror/view

To be quite frank, this is ridiculous..  This just shouldnt happen in a software like this. Dont you guys understand that people use your software to make a living. I cannot spend half a day trying to figure out all the new bugs you push into your software.. 

You just really need to pull it together and not create [removed] new bugs with every single update. This is really just unbearable.

/S

[inappropriate language removed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hard to tell if you have a problem of not in that video there is audio narration in the video and the brush tool seems to be working quite well.  There is no way of knowing what you brush tip should be like.  Do you  see any difference in operation using a mouse compared to using a Pen besides pen feature like tilt and pressure are your problems related to Windows INK application Interface? Does the brush tip adjust better when you use a mouse interface, keyboard shortcuts, pen.  Or it dose not matter the brush engine is just messed up in Photoshop version 21.2.2.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WGrXO4OfgqDfU9PB_xBZRVsLiKqg8mRf/view

Here is a video of me using the exact same brush in PS 21.2.1. I downgraded a version to avoid this problem. This is how it should work. Basically the brush has soft edges, and it should keep its soft edges even though I would change size of the brush.  It works as intended in 21.2.1..  

Here is the old video from ps 21.2.2 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SahfW0_Uax4KPF_yrMkdk2ebegZecror/view

If you look at the brush preview you see there is an issue when I change the size over time. looks like the dual brushes becomes off sync somehow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same problem. The dual brush tip is resizing wrong after I updated photoshop. Its so frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the same thing is happening to me, it's really infurating and costing me so much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no working "quite well". It is just NOT WORKING correctly. I have been using my brushes for few years now, and they are not working anymore after the latest update. Just as Stefan has shown on his video, at the begining the size of dual brush is changing correctly with the main brush, but when he goes really small with it, its when problems starts to occur. The dual brush tip then is just getting really random sizes, or it just bugs at 5000 size. Its literally first time I have this issue, cant work at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not working correctly please report the bug to Adobe on their feedback site photoshop_family   Only Adobe can change Photoshop user here can not.

You can work you have old versions of  Photoshop that work correctly for you. Do not be foolish and remove old version of Photoshop  proceed with caution with Adobe software. Don't jump it may hurt.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dont you guys understand that people use your software to make a living. I cannot spend half a day trying to figure out all the new bugs you push into your software.."

Please understand that this forum is answered by volunteer users. We do not work for Adobe.

I have tried but cannot replicate that issue here with a variety of brushes using the Dual Brush function. Can you replicate it with a standard (or Kyle brush) that we can use to test ?

In addition please give some system details (Help System Info - press Copy and then paste here.

Dave

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact same issue rendering almost all my most used brushes obsolete - the Dual Brush option makes it so that brushes that are too small or too big have an issue where one texture enlarges while the other becomes tiny. When I enlarge certain brushes they become 1 pixel wide.

This issue has been going on for ages now and I cannot work properly. I've tried everything and it's really frustrating.

Some brushes without dual brush textures work ok. I'm just using the basic brushes now (how sad for a software I pay so much for) It's been over a month of this issue pretty sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind it started to happen with the basic brushes too! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you guys on Windows? using a graphic tablet? Using Wintab or Windows Ink? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PECourtejoie and @JJMack ,

This problem still exists. It only appeared for me in the past week.

I'm using:

• windows 10
  • windows ink
  • PSCC version 21.2.4
  • wacom intuos pro

The problem occurs only with brushes that have dual brush settings. It seems that one brush resizes at a different rate to the other. It doesn't matter what kind of shortcut or manual adjusting of the brush size I use, the same thing happens.

The key seems to be that the problem only occurs if I go below a certain pixel size. I can see it start to happen at 43 pixels (shown in red). You can see in number 5 that the texture on the brush even distorts resolution at larger-than-default sizes. This does not usually happen.

Also important to note that this is a custom brush. I tested the "KYLE Ultimate Charcoal Pencil" and "KYLE Ultimate Pastel Palooza" brushes, which have the dual brush feature, and so far I cannot replicate the problem with this brush.

brush.jpg

1 and 2 are me using my mouse. The rest are using my stylus and tablet.

I have tried:

• windows ink on
  • windows ink off
  • reverting back to an older PS verison
  • reinstalling PS
  • restarting my PC many times

This is preventing me from being able to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if there's any other info you need to help solve this.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kerstin, the best is to post this information (excellent to have found a treshold) on the feedback site, not sure if you could ZIP the brush, or provide it to the team if needed, so that they can test, reproduce and troubleshoot to find the solution.

https://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could affected users report if updating to the latest version fixes the issue? it is supposed to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines