• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in 2020--Gradient Adjustment tool

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use the gradient adjustment and modify the colors or the type of gradient Photoshop freezes. I have tried reloading it and other things but I keep getting that freeze. Anyone else having this problem and anyone have a suggestion for solving it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Operating System are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution thanks to PIXimperfect. Removed the preference file buried in the belly of the beast and when I started up Photoshop all was great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue.

Mac OS Mojave french. Imac I9.

Deleting preferences don't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!!!! I have deadlines and it's killing me

macOS Catalina.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the You Tube video I used and I followed the first way so I could put the preference file back if necessary. Its the preference file we need to remove, not preferences.Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pbziegler, but you forgot the video ? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I've already try the 2 methods, but without success. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't knew what to suggest. There is obviously a problem since so many of us had this problem. I assume that you followed the steps exactly so there's no point in suggesting that you should do it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

News ! I deleted ALL the prefs. Both on Macintosh HD AND user's library. It seems to solve the problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Season 2.

I deleted all CC (because I deleted essential files shared with other CC applications that solve the problem of Photoshop, but which prevents to use Indesign for example).

Reinstalled all CC.

Bug is back.

I'm tired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't delete the CC. Watch the video I attached and do that. It's a preference file that needs to be trashed so Photoshop starts up without the one that is corrupted. Did you do what the video shows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all the prefs.

It solve the Photoshop problem. But it corrupted Indesign.

So I removed and reinstalled CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please pbziegler I understand you want to help us BUT the video that are you sharing is from 2017 and the bug is in PS CC 2020! Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and i deleted the pref file and didn't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like everyone can UPDATE their Photoshop.... it appears to have been fixed.

Open Creative cloud and update PHOTOSHOP!

hope this helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please help! I can no longer select the center of a radial and drag out to have the actual gradient be in the section of an object I want. I just updated my CC and my Mac OS to Catalina. What is the deal here? It just tries to draw a new shape, as opposed to letting me manipulate my gradient. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines