Bug in Liquify Tool in Photoshop 2021 while applying filter on smart objects

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the released version of photoshop 2021, there is a bug in liquefy tool. After applying "liquefy" in a smart object if I turn off the layer and turn it on again or copy the liquefy filter to another smart object it simply doesn't work. The bug is still available on Photoshop 22.2. 

Adobe, kindly notice this and take action to fix this bug. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while using the Liquify tool. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system? If I understand correctly, you're not able to see the effect of the Liquify tool on the smart object if you hide & then unhide the smart object or if you move the effect to another smart object, right?

You can try updating Photoshop to the latest version 22.2 to check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

(If I understand correctly, you're not able to see the effect of the Liquify tool on the smart object if you hide & then unhide the smart object or if you move the effect to another smart object, right?) Yes, you have understood my problem correctly. Currently, I am using the latest version 22.2 of Photoshop. My operating system is Windows 10.  

Still, I am having the above-mentioned problem. Are you working on this Bug?

Thank you.  

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! I tried reproducing the issue on two different Windows 10 machines using the latest build of Windows 10 along with the latest version of Photoshop but I was not able to.

Please try re-installing the graphics card drivers from the manufacturers website to check if that helps. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines