Highlighted

Bug? - Linked Illustrator file shifts position after being edited

Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I had to do some text formatting in a PSD that Photoshop could not handle.

I also had to keep that text live (not rasterized/outlined).

So I created the text in Illustrator and then brought that into the PSD using "Place Linked..."

That worked great!

However, now when I try to open the linked object in Photoshop by right-clicking the layer and selecting "Edit Contents..." — no matter what I do, even if I don't make any changes, I just open the file and close it — the linked AI object shifts position in the PSD canvas.

The only way I found to edit the linked AI file without that happening is by opening the linked file in Illustrator, not via the PSD.

Is that expected?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug? - Linked Illustrator file shifts position after being edited

Participant ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I had to do some text formatting in a PSD that Photoshop could not handle.

I also had to keep that text live (not rasterized/outlined).

So I created the text in Illustrator and then brought that into the PSD using "Place Linked..."

That worked great!

However, now when I try to open the linked object in Photoshop by right-clicking the layer and selecting "Edit Contents..." — no matter what I do, even if I don't make any changes, I just open the file and close it — the linked AI object shifts position in the PSD canvas.

The only way I found to edit the linked AI file without that happening is by opening the linked file in Illustrator, not via the PSD.

Is that expected?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  have the same issue. I'm not doing things in the right order maybe? I assume that if no changes have been made to the dimensions of the placed file it should not shift. So I hope that someone who knows can tell us how to avoid this. Because having to go in and fix it every time is not exactly efficient... please and thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines