Highlighted

Bug? Nudging a path

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 2021. Simply just want to move a few point on a shape path using the white arrow.  But either the whole path jumps around or the whole shape will move which I have no control over it.  Anyone know what's going on here? It's really annoying... (I've been using Photoshop since Photoshop 4.0).

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug? Nudging a path

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 2021. Simply just want to move a few point on a shape path using the white arrow.  But either the whole path jumps around or the whole shape will move which I have no control over it.  Anyone know what's going on here? It's really annoying... (I've been using Photoshop since Photoshop 4.0).

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can replicate the issue, you can post a bug report on the Adobe Feedback Forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Direct Selection Tool (a) white arrow to target the control point. Its should fill in indicating it is select the other control points will not be filled in. If it is a live shape you will get a an option not to convert to a normal shape unless you turned that off.  If you convert  you should be able to nudge with the arrow keys. I can in version 22 using Windows 10..

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when you drag the two points using the white arrow. (Just one point is fine...)  Shape layer or path, it jumps around. Or maybe it's a Mac problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0