• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG! Photoshop not responding but is still active?!

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the newest version yesterday, whilst working in PS the program stops responding but is still active, eg: I can select tools/panels/any of the menus options etc, but there is no response when trying to do something physical to anything - I can't even zoom in/out...!

I can at least save my progress (thumbs up), but I have to restart the program each time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Which OS version?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me Derek, I hadn't updated my OS (I have to delay updating my OS/programs due to external plugins for catalogue management). I have updated OS now and this seems to have improved the performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first step I would try to reset the Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

If this doesn't help the next step is to deactivate the GPU support

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#DisableGraphicsProcessor

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found it easier to trigger bugs when dragging the Canvas with the Spacebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines