• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG report - BSOD while using Photoshop 21.2.0.225 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Win 10, I was using the stamp tool and tried to save my status by typing ctrl-S, This crached my system. The message on the Windows page generating the report was "ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY'

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble due to Windows crashing while working on Photoshop.

You can check the solution for the issue suggested here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/have-the-error-code-attempt...

You can also check: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/attempted-execute-noexecute-memory-windows-fixed/

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a general FYI, it is impossible for any software application (e.g. Photoshop) to crash or BSOD a modern operating system. There are insulating layers to prevent that. The cause is always a driver issue, or malfunctioning hardware. Certain app commands may of course trigger such an error.

But you need to research this on operating system level. Start with the links above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only hittinig "reply" because something bugged me through e-mail this morning asking whether there was any help here. The general answer is "no," because these comments make me think there must have been something wrong in a disk driver - my Wacom tablet driver is up to date and a disk is the only other device that I can possibly imagine was invoked in trying to save while in Photoshop. So these comments insulate Photoshop from the problem, but don't suggest how to fix future possible problems. I generally mistruct those "sesrvices" that promise to update drivers - I think there's a great opportunity for nefarious people to put malware into fake drivers, so I don't go there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your statement about crashing (BSOD) is debatable.  Operating system like Windows allow users to install third party device drivers and while Apple controls what devices drivers can be installed in apple operating system they do not develop the code they try the best that they can to test the third Party has develop good code.  BSOD is Software reporting that an error the can not be handled has been caught be it Hardware or Software.  Device drivers run with privileges where software errors can result in BSOD.  Does it matter if the error is external to Photoshop if Photoshop used the service which resulted in a BSOD? Photoshop needs to use system services like all application have to.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines