Highlighted

Bug wacom pen preasure in Photoshop 2.1.2.2

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2.1.2.2 has a bug with Wacom pens (I tried Pro Pen and Art Pen on Cintiq 27QHDT - win7pro) - the preasure does not work. So I came back to version 2.1.2.1

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug wacom pen preasure in Photoshop 2.1.2.2

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2.1.2.2 has a bug with Wacom pens (I tried Pro Pen and Art Pen on Cintiq 27QHDT - win7pro) - the preasure does not work. So I came back to version 2.1.2.1

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have made improvements to painting with Win Ink in 21.2.2; resizing brush via Alt+right-click (hover) and Alt+tap to sample color are now instantaneous (no lag), scrubbies are pressure sensitive too. Modifier toast is an OS thing that we are investigating if we can work around or ask again for MS to provide an option to disable. 
Remove `UseSystemStylus 0` from PSUserConfig or remove that file altogether and make sure Win Ink is enabled in Wacom settings. You should be good to go.  `UseSystemStylus 0` is from Win7 days which MS has EOL'd.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the preasure sensitivity but the color picker and scrubby zoom are broken. 

For exmaple if  you press Alt and press your Pen tip to the tablet surface without movin the pen (sideways) then it will not pick a color and instead the annoying Window Ink circle appears. Color picking only works if you move your pen when tip touhces the tablet surface. 

NotWorking.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you can help with my issue. I have a Wacom Intuos and there are a lot of glitches when I use it in Photoshop when windows ink is enabled. The clone stamp and healing brush no longer move their source indicator (the plus overlay in the source region) and scrubby zoom has become very glitchy. When windows ink is disabled I can't use pressure sensitivity.

This seems to have arrived installing after the newest update( 21.2.2 20200807.r.289).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Atom5C3A LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues I'm having with the clone stamp and healing brush tool are still not resolved in the newest version(21.2.3 20200902.r.308). These issues show up only when WindowsInk is enabled. Pressure Sensitivity still won't work with WindowsInk disabled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0