• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bugs bugs and more bugs

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just what I've found so far in the recent update...on a fresh windows 10 installation (about 1 week old), using gpu acceleration

Photoshop works well at first, moving the canvas around is as expected, but after about 30 minutes of work, the canvas will become "stuck" slightly off screen. And when the hand tool is used to move the canvas so other areas are visible it will move, then when the mouse button is released it quickly snaps back to the "stuck" view.  I've tried switching between all screen modes, same result.  Restarting the programs temporarily fixes the issue, and the hand tool works properly again.

Select and mask is also not showing any preview at first, only after entering and exiting the tool several times was I able to see a preview of the selection while editing it.

Rotation input from wacom pen is no longer showing a preview of the angle with the cursor.  I was previously able to see the angle of the stroke before making it, now the cursor is 'stuck' at  a certain angle until a stroke is made..then the cursor updates to the new angle.  Reinstalled windows, installed the new version from CC, and now it's no longer working. 

I have never seriously considered going back to Cs6 until this moment, but now that option is officially on the table as this version is basically a broken defective product that I'm paying way too much for.

Dev team needs to stop breaking this software, plain and simple

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly a user-to-user forum and Adobe staff members, let alone developers, do not visit here often.

To report bugs, please use the following platform:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis is so true. Having all the same problems! Unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didi you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a windows 10 user and have install 21.1.1. If you are using WinTab API with Photoshop and Wacom  switch to using Windows INK api. Adobe broke Photoshop WinTab support in version 21.1.0 and did not fix it in 21.1.1.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ - thanks for all the help you provide here. In another thread, you seemed to be suggesting just the opposite when someone was complaining about their Wacom pen not behaving correctly with the layers panel. In that instance, you recommended turning Windows Ink OFF and forcing PS to use WinTab via the UserConfig.txt file.

Incidentally I am experiencing BOTH problems, my hand tool periodically acts up; when I move a layer it snaps back to an off-screen position (happens with mouse AND pen) and when I use the Wacom Intuos Pen with the layers panel, it simply will not select any of the layers. 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.0 20200604.r.225 2020/06/04: 02a81f3015 x64
Number of Launches: 122
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.900
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 4008 MHz
Built-in memory: 16308 MB
Free memory: 8951 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 14919 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Wintab was used as a workaround in earlier versions of Photoshop to avoid issues with Windows Ink in those versions. However, with v21.x the recommendation is to use Windows Ink. 

As Photoshop and Windows move forward these recommendations do change, hence JJMack's, and my, advice appears to change.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this issue, as well, with the pan tool.  When I release it, the image zooms and snaps the canvas space to somewhere just off screen.  Repeated attempts only zoom it farther in and closer to a boundary edge.

I am also running multiple screens including a Cintiq, if that enters into anyone else's variables.

The posts to-date indicate that more recent going wisdom is to enable windows ink and let photoshop somehow communicate with it?  How can I troubleshoot?  That is, how can we check the status of windows Ink and Photoshop in relation to this problem for diagnosing the problem and enacting a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines