Highlighted

Bugs in v22? Beyond frustrated

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still struggling to complete a single file without problems. As I wrote last week, this is what happens: 

"...changes made via layers are showing only in the Navigator tab and not on the main screen. I can still save the file, exit, return and begin working again... until the main screen freezes and only Navigator shows the changes once again. "  One person replied that I should wait for the bugs to be fixed. I appreciate the reply, but this issue is getting old as I have client work to edit. 

I have checked all the system requirements and tweaked preferences to enable Photoshop to work. I have not had issues with other versions.

Is there an adobe contact I can email about this? I honestly don't want to sit here and try to explain this over a live chat. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bugs in v22? Beyond frustrated

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still struggling to complete a single file without problems. As I wrote last week, this is what happens: 

"...changes made via layers are showing only in the Navigator tab and not on the main screen. I can still save the file, exit, return and begin working again... until the main screen freezes and only Navigator shows the changes once again. "  One person replied that I should wait for the bugs to be fixed. I appreciate the reply, but this issue is getting old as I have client work to edit. 

I have checked all the system requirements and tweaked preferences to enable Photoshop to work. I have not had issues with other versions.

Is there an adobe contact I can email about this? I honestly don't want to sit here and try to explain this over a live chat. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is crashing every time or it takes forever to do something. Really don't understand it, tried everything. At first it said that my memory was full, so changed that and now im working with a 4terabyte memory, but still it's working really bad.  Nothing is like it should be. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Yes, you can visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

One question--have you checked your Graphics Processor card? This has been a known issue for some problems--here is a doc that will walk you through the steps to turn it off to see if it is the culprit: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Baymare LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle, thank you. We  checked the card and did the upgrades on the weekend. It  worked for a few hours and then started again. This time, I had a brief message about scratch disk error. That went away before I could read it properly. My computer system is less than a year old. I noticed a few glitches a few months back, but figured they were just bugs that would work out.

New problem today on top of freezing everywhere but in the navigator window: When using the Blur Filter Gallery tools, none of the overlays or targets show up. One has to just guess what is being applied and where.

And... masking is rediculously awful. The masking brushes are not selecting well.  Waiting for files to load in Bridge and waiting for PSD files to save (I tweaked that option months ago) are two other daily irritants.

Pretty frustrated. I don't want to have to relearn a whole new editing program after years with this one and when it works, it does what I need it to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0