Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk change Photoshop scripts references

Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a huge scripts library in my Photoshop that is inside my computer.

These scripts are Inside my Actions section and their reference is a folder inside the PC.

I want to move all the scripts to a new computer but since all of the references are to a specific folder that doesn't exist on the new PC, how do I change all the references in bulk please?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you maintain your scripts and action sets in your own folders like I do?  I have no problems installing my  add ons into any version of Photoshop on any machine.  I just replicate my folders on the new machine.  Link Photoshop versions Plug-ins folder and Presets\scripts folder to my folders and loads action sets from my actions folder.  I also copy Photoshop Preferebces between which incluse a PSUserConfig.txt to turn off the warning about running scripts from and external application.  For I run scripts from Windows File explored for Adobe only scroll menu File>Scripts>Script Name one name at a time not a Window height list of names.  Adobe UI is not unable with a large collection of scripts.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting it after re-reading:

"These scripts are Inside my Actions section and their reference is a folder inside the PC."

I am not geting it again but if you think to change reference to folder in action step[s] it won't work in bulk, it can not be done in bulk only one at the time although you can dulicate step what is something like copy/paste but not exactly, you must Alt/Opt + drag step to duplicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting cropped screenshots might help to illustrate your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sound like to me that they may have Photoshop scripts that are in folders through out their file system that would not be listed in  menu File>Scripts>ScriptNames.   That they Recorded Action that use their script via menu File>Script>Browse.  That would record Script steps that record in the  script step the full path of their scripts.  If the scripts  were in Photoshop Scripts Path all that would be recorder into the script step would be the Scripts File Name the path would not be recorder for ist in Photoshop scripts path.  That is why I install all my the add ons for  Photoshop into my own  paths.  My own Scripts, Actions, Plug-ins etc file syste trees.   All I need to do to install all my script I add on into any Photoshop scripts path is to add a link into a Photoshop verson script path to link in my scripts. Actions would  not record script path just script names will be recorded.  Actions scripts steps do need tp be changed. Loaded Actions are in the users Preferences which can be migrated and copied between machines My Action set are saved in my Action sets path.  It is a simple task for me to add all  of my Photoshop add ons into any version  of Photoshop on any machine.  If they need to change the action becase they can not replicate their file ststem between machines they have a tough job mow.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines