• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bypass of useless middle screen between users and product they expected to immediately launch

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General Background:
I was assured by Adobe Sales that my products would be free of anything (would operate fully stand alone not reliant on internet connection at eacch use) and especially things that would bind me to Adobe's renenue plans by piling on co-requisite products that come at extra cost if used..

Particular Background:
I received three things in the change to 2021 that were unwelcome.

Q. Can I avoid them or shut them off?

1. In the first of the three Adobe has interwoven making what Adobe Sales told me untrue.
I cannot uninstall  that first item without receiving a warning the primary products I bought will fail, so Adobe Sales misrepresented the product!  Adobe Creative Cloud (which is a revenue plan inclusion by Adobe). While I don't have to participate (and won't) it's installed, running, and therefor using some of my RAM, CPU, and drive space. While those amounts may be minimal, many software developers are also doing this revenue driven (undesired) add-on baggage so the little things become a lot in the collective.

2. There is no obvious shut-off avoidance of a midddle screen that pops berore Photoshop which I already selected to begin with, and with the assciated file (dictated in my O.S.) I wanted to Photoshop to open and be ready to work with on my initial double-click

3. There is no obvious shut-off avoidance of a midddle screen that pops berore Photoshop Premier Elements which I already selected to begin with, and with the assciated file (dictated in my O.S.) I wanted to Photoshop to open and be ready to work with on my initial double-click

The middle screen in both situations is a classic annoyance foisted on end-users (at each use) and without any value-add. If Adobe thinks they are useful to the few users who are Luddites, then at least let the rest of us who are no Luddites get diractly to the choice we made.

I realize this is a community forum, so to this community it is my hope you share similar feelings that these foisted add-ons that we weren't informed of, were misinformed about by Adobe, or regard them as annoyances without value-add are UNWELCOME, and at best costing extra clicks (delays) not to mention using finite space and hardware  resources we'd ratherthey not make presumptions on.

The name Bob (Robert Pittman) may not resonate in Adobe's Senior management (however it should), but this release would not have gone out the door with these changes in this manner. I was among other I.S. senior managers present when that development team was presenting a release that was completed wich  thay wanted to ship immediately, and he didn't let them even finish their dog and pony show, just two minutes in Pittman sent them out of the executive boardroom. He also required them and their management team to read a book called "Who Moved My Cheese?" before they started to rework their product and come back with the problems he sawresolved.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The start screen can be disabled in preferences. I happen to agree, it's silly and useless. So I disable it.

The Creative Cloud application is a combined installer/uninstaller, updater and general application manager. You may think it's pointless with only one application, but you'll start seeing the use when you have many. It takes care of a lot of functions that would otherwise be part of the application - and so be running in the background anyway, but hidden and separately for each application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked, more than once, encouraged that you found a way to turn it off, but I can't find that place. I gave it some time (days) so that I saw i wih fresh eyes, but I failed to see where I can shut it off.  Can you point me more directly to it, lead me as it were, sinc I've tried and been unable?

Many thanks, Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dwpenn,

I never upgrade until I need to and I've read the "What's New" release notes.  In some cases, upgrades aren't all they're cracked up to be either so I keep old versions installed just in case I need to revert back.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

You can turn off automatic software updates from your Creative Cloud Desktop app's Preferences (click your Avatar).   To close Creative Cloud desktop when you don't need it, use Ctrl + W on Win10 and hit the Quit button.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern software isn't usually just one isolated executable file running in isolation. Most software links to all sorts of other processes to deliver what customers expect with modern features.

Adobe has chosen to make their software suite modular and have functiuons broken out into separate services and applications which run alongside the main app you want to use.

Both Microsoft and Apple do the same thing; the operating system is a bunch of small, specialized services that supply modern features.

Would you be happier if Adobe wrapped everything up in one app that was huge and duplicated effort if you had multiple programs running at once?

I'm sorry but this is just a misguided rant that ignores the reality of modern computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that it's complex, but tthere is a complexiy (the middle screen) that performs no function I need or place a velue on, it just stands in the middle between me and the function I want to open and get akling with. I can't seem to find where I turn it off, I've let ssome days pass so I could try to find it with fresh eyes, but how Adobe addresses "human factors" has not made the choice pop to this user.  If it runs in the background, out of sight, and that's necessary, so be it, but it's in my face at every startup and without any value add.

Odly it created two individual start-ups Premier Elements and Photoshup in my startup, yet no matter which one of those I select I get this screen that is no value add (to me), and I must say for a second time I just wanted one ot the other.

Why would Adobe place two tools in my startup that ALWAYS leads to this one place if it has to be,why not just put the one startup in my menu? It seems to send a conflicting messgage to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines