Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 11.2 does not load photos from the NAS with Mac

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

since I upgraded Camera Raw from version 11.1 to version 11.2 I can no longer open the photos that reside inside the NAS with my iMac. All other programs work but Camera raw no. This problem was born on all the computers in my studio where I updated Camera Raw. I have already contacted Adobe technical support who made me uninstall and reinstall the programs cleanly but the problem persists. For now, since I can not stop with the work, I restored my system with Time Machine back to version 11.1 but I want adobe to solve this problem that, apparently, I have not just me.

I enclose at the bottom of this post a screenshot of the error message (in Italian language) that I display when I try to open a picture with camera raw from my nas with  imac.

Sorry for my not perfect English.

Schermata 2019-02-15 alle 20.25.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Other people have reported similar issues with Mojave, seems Apple have caused serious issues for Photoshop users with Mojave

Photoshop won't open anything!

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.14 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem - I just posted the below in the Lightroom forum, but it does on further exploration seem restricted to Photoshop not being able to access a mounted NAS drive.

Nothing has changed with Mojave OS and the problem only occurred when Photoshop / Lightroom / Camera Raw etc were updated today.

I would suggest its an Adobe problem.

I've tried going back to the previous versions of Lightromm Classic CC and Photoshop CC, but the problem is now still there. I have not had any problems with my NAS server in many years of using it with Adobe products.

COPY OF POST: "

Hi,

I'm a Mac user and about an hour ago Lightroom Classic CC updated to 8.2, Photoshop CC updated to 20.0.3 and Camera Raw CC updated to 11.2.

Since then I can no longer use the 'Edit in Photoshop' option from Lightroom. It used to ask if I wanted to edit a copy, Edit a copy with LR adjustments etc. prior to passing the photo to Photoshop.

Further testing shows that the problem seems to be partially connected to me accessing photos from my Synology NAS drives mounted drive.

Photoshop will no longer load anything from the NAS drive (even from my Recent List). Files show in the Browse window, but when I select an image and hit Open, I just get the message "Could not complete your request because the file was not found."

If I move the file to my desktop, then it loads without problems. I have tried restarting the Mac, but with no change.

I am not sure, but it could seem its primarily a Photoshop issue, as Lightroom is still happy to load my photos from the NAS drive.

Has anyone else experienced this / got a fix for this?

Thanks.

Andy

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running camera raw 11.2 on an iMac 5k retina 27” with macOS high Sierra. My nas is Qnap TS-832x.

I think there is a bug in Camera Raw 11.2. If I open more than one photos with camera raw it work fine. Instead if I load only one photo camera raw don’t want open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would make some sense to me if it were Camera Raw that was the problem, as I have tried reverting back to previous versions of Photoshop CC and Lightroom Classic CC, but the problem is still there. Photoshop will see files on my NAS but when I try to load one it gives the error 'Could not complete your request because the file was not found.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did the same test your reinstalling the previous version of photoshop, lightroom and bridge but the problem is not solved. So probably the latest adobe update has compromised system files that do not repair by reinstalling the previous version.

The only thing that worked was the recovery of the operating system before the last camera raw update by apple time machine. So now I can work with the acr 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same issue.  I updated to MAC OS 10.13.6, PS CC 20.0.3 and CR 11.2 and I also use Synology NAS - the only way to open my raw images is to copy from my Synology NAS onto my desktop.  I can then open the images. 

I can open jpgs and tiffs and psd's from the NAS, just not my .NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just contacted Adobe tech support via chat - the person was really helpful and solved my problem.  I had to install an older Camera Raw network driver (they did this for me via screen share) - The said the new PS 20.0.3 is not supporting the network drivers.  I kept my same OS, Camera Raw Version and PS version, they just downloaded an older driver .. Camera_Raw_10_5.  I am now able to open my raw files from my Synology.  They are aware of the issue and said it is being worked on by the engineers and will be fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a few times to get technical support via the chat window, but it remains unanswered each time I try...

I'm not sure if they are busy or there is a problem my end..

I shall keep trying as it seems only they can provide a fix at the moment until a new release in a couple of weeks or so..

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got through to technical support who did a great job and got me working again.

As sminer99 above said, it involved reinstalling Camera Raw to a previous version (after some other checks).

This involves going to finder and under the GO menu select GO TO FOLDER.

Then type /Library/

Then navigate into APPLICATION SUPPORT/ADOBE/

You will see a folder called CAMERARAW

Rename this to CAMERARAW.OLD

Next go to finder again and under the GO menu select GO TO FOLDER.

Then type  ~/Library/

Then navigate into APPLICATION SUPPORT/ADOBE/

You will see a folder called CAMERARAW

Rename this to CAMERARAW.OLD

This has now effectively removed the new version of Camera Raw.

Now go to:

Camera Raw plug-in installer

and select the 10.5 version for Mac ( CameraRaw_10_5_mac.zip )

Install this and you should be fixed.

You will get a compatibility issue warning that Lightroom / Photoshop want to use Camera Raw 11.2, but this can be ignored.

I hope this helps.

Andy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm reverting back to Camera Raw 10.5 from 11.2 fixed the issues we were having with NEF files opening over the network.

Thank you for the helpful post, Andy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Bosley69. I have been going mad for the past 2 days - uninstalling and reinstalling LR and PS but to no avail. But your workaround solved it and I look forward to Adobe getting a new version of CR out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Camera Raw 11.2.1 and Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 which includes a bug fix affecting the opening raw files stored on a NAS.

This change should also fix issues with Bridge and Lightroom Classic opening raw files using Edit in Photoshop.

Note: It is necessary to install the Camera Raw update to fix this issue. Installing Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 alone will not affect the issue.

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Please install the update and let us know if you continue to face any issues.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!  Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - all works fine now, although the temporary solution worked also. Great work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

this bug is still an issue - I cant open raw or dng from synology NAS - hack arounds work and files are sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , Just i have same problem with new fresh install of Mojave and photoshop 2019 and Time Capsule or all other network shared folders  . I fix this bug its problem of the new Adobe Camera RAW 11.2 who come with new fresh Photoshit , you need install Camera RAW 11.1 from here http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/mac/11.1/CameraRaw_11_1_mac.zip  and all be fine !

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Had to revert to 11.1 to work with Camera Raw again from a shared network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It's now October 2020 and I am using a Synology NAS with Photoshop 21.2.4 and ACR 12.4.0.555 and have the exact same problem trying to open NEF files. Like the previous user, ironically if you open more then one it works but won't open a single file. Does anyone know if this is being looked at again?

Kind Regards

Di

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines